Resources for Those with Chiari Malformation, Syringomyelia and Related Disorders
Those with Chiari malformation, syringomyelia and related disorders sometimes need help with tasks such as applying for social security benefits, acquiring a mortgage, remodeling a home, or traveling. The following is a collection of resources and valuable information that you may find helpful. Please consult a healthcare provider or legal professional before following any medical or legal advice found on these and any other websites.
- Helpful Items for Chronic Pain – “Here is a list of items that I have found to assist me as I have navigated a life of chronic pain. I am passing this forward in the hopes that something on the list might also help you gain some relief or happiness. I don’t work for any of these companies, so I assure you I have no personal gain. I wish you the best in your journey!” – Ellen Icochea (Patient – Greater Metropolitan Washington Area)
- The Comprehensive Guide to Back and Neck Pain: Causes, Relief and Treatment– In this guide, we look at back pain relief, back pain treatment, and the causes behind it.
- American Chronic Pain Association– Since 1980, the ACPA has offered peer support and education in pain management skills to people with pain, family and friends, and health care professionals.
- American Academy of Pain Management– The American Academy of Pain Management (the Academy) is a non-profit organization that educates clinicians about pain and its management through an integrative interdisciplinary approach.
- Pain Management Specialists– Information on pain management for chronic back pain, pain management techniques, and pain management specialists
- A World of Information on Pain– Pain.com is a unique online resource offering the most up-to-date pain and pain management information on a variety of different topics written by medical professionals for both the consumer and healthcare specialist.
- Epilepsy Foundation– Trusted, family-led organization that works to accelerate research and educate individuals about epilepsy, what triggers seizures and much more.
- Limitless Medical Logs– All-in-one medical logs for patients battling a health condition to help track their pain and symptoms, daily. The logs will provide daily, accurate tracking to enhance your dialogue with a physician to better build a treatment plan. Developed from personal experience by a Chiari patient, the goal of the company is to help every person take full control of their health.
MEDICAL EQUIPMENT/HOME ADAPTATION
- DrugWatch– Comprehensive web site database featuring extensive information about thousands of different medications and drugs currently on the market or previously available worldwide.
- Prescription Drug Dependency– If you or your loved one is struggling with a dependency to medication, please visit this resource. *Note: This is a local Staten Island, NY (and surrounding areas) resource for those struggling with addiction. For other local resources such as this, please send an inquiry to email@example.com.
- Drug Rehab Connections– We are a starting point to finding individuals and families help that are battling addiction
- Neurology Now, an official publication of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN), provides patients and their caregivers with credible, up-to-the-minute, balanced coverage of the latest advances in neurology research and treatment.
Links Disclaimer: Links of interest to other websites from this location are provided as an added value by the Bobby Jones Chiari & Syringomyelia Foundation, Inc. By accessing the links from this site, you will be leaving Bobby Jones CSF’s web site. Although we have reviewed the information on these sites prior to creating the links, we are not responsible for the content of the sites going forward. Information on these website pages may become dated or change without notice, and we do not represent or warrant the information contained on these linked pages as complete or accurate. Please be advised that you will no longer be subject to, or under the protection of, the privacy and security policies of Bobby Jones CSF’s website. We encourage you to read and evaluate the privacy and security policies on the site you are entering which may be different from those of Bobby Jones CSF, Inc.
Revised on 10/2020