unite4answers is a collection of fundraiser and awareness events around the country to help fund medical research and education programs that foster better answers. These events bring together people who are living with the devastating effects of Chiari malformation, syringomyelia, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and related disorders. REGISTER TO BE A UNITE4ANSWERS CHAIRPERSON.
Ideas for unite4answers events
- 1 mile casual walk and social event – make the event your own….
- Jenn called it a Fall festival. Some chairpersons make it into a family picnic or bring your dog and walk with your pet, etc. Add a corn hole tournament to the event. Have children’s games. Hold a raffle or keep it simple. Pam raises a lot of money with raffles. Kristin has her son Braeden do a live acoustic performance.
- Join the 1 mile solo walk campaign held every year, raise funds and earn a t-shirt and other recognition prizes, depending on how much you raise.
- 5k run, 1 mile fun run and walk – Noah held the first annual Chiari Awareness 5K.
- 0.75k Fun Run – Hold an event at a local restaurant/establishment and have participants run or walk in a silly .75k (less than ½ mile) around the establishment.
- Hold a social/fundraising event with a local sports figure. Misti & Kerry have the Austin FC goalie attend an event at a local brewery.
Thank you to our 2023 National Sponsors! Join this list by being a 2024 sponsor!
More information about corporate sponsorship here. Interested in sponsoring? If you would like to be a unite4answers sponsor, you may register online to pay by credit card here or, if you would like to send in a check, complete this here and mail to: Bobby Jones CSF, 69-39 Yellowstone Blvd. #216, Forest Hills, NY 11375.
If you would like to get involved or have any an ideas or questions about unite4answers events, contact Cathy Poznik at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the unite4answers office at 330-998-6195.
Ways to fundraise prior to your event
- Facebook and Instagram fundraisers are really simple and they get credited toward the funds raised for yourevent.
- Hold a bake sale (or bake pies and sell them like Rachel did)
- Guest Bartending
- Car Wash
- Restaurant Fundraisers
- Shovel Snow
- Dress Down Days
- Karaoke (or “Chiari-oke”) Night
- “Crush Chiari” Container at work (or “Smash Syringomyelia” or “Squash EDS”). Ask Cathy for a label.
Of course, the most important way to spread awareness and raise funds is by sharing your customized GiveSmart fundraise page!